Sunday 29 March 2009

This weeks progress


So after my mentor told me that my previous answers were too general, I had to knuckle down and really get clear on who I need to become to play a bigger game and play it to high a level. Here is my answer for this week on who I need to become:
The difference between running a small time business like a coffee shop and Starbucks is Vision and conviction. If we take the Starbuck Model, it is the product itself that the owner never forgets about. He is always looking to grow and add more. He has effective and clever brand control and trains his staff to be experts in coffee making, the different types of coffee and the different ways to make coffee. His market knowledge of the people that drink his coffee is second to none, and he is always looking to refine his knowledge of his market while never forgetting about the quality of the product. Because of that’s what people buy at the end of the day. Its about the coffee.

That’s a good model to follow, always looking to produce a great product, while knowing my market and have a strong brand to back it up, with strong brand recognition, while never forgetting the most important part, which is the product. In my case it is to deliver ground breaking coaching, great CD’s and DVD’s and ground breaking seminars! Know what my market wants and serve them. While always staying true to my values, success, accessibly, authenticity and growth( spiritually, financially and businesswise)


To your success,

Elliot

No comments: